of the most important things that parents should teach their children is the importance of living a healthy lifestyle. The
earlier they learn it the more likely they will follow it through out life. Proverbs says, Train up a child in the way he
should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. The best way to teach is by example. What children see parents
do they will do. The following are a few simple tips on what to teach children concerning living a healthy lifestyle.
You cannot have good health without good nutrition.
2. Eat as much raw fruits and veggies as possible.
3. Eat some type of protein at each meal. (Eat meat moderately, organic when possible and
eat more fish for the essential fatty acids).
4. Eat several small balanced meals daily (5-6).
5. Make water
the drink of choice and drink it often.
6. Get ample rest.
7. Teach your children the importance of regular
8. Teach your children the importance of supplements.
9. Teach your children how to tell when their
body is getting out of balance and address the issue quickly.
10. Show your children how to avoid stress and how do
deal with it when it is unavoidable.
11. Teach your children the harmful effects of sugar, fat, salt and caffeine.
Teach your children healthy menu planning.
Our children are our heritage. They have the responsibility of taking communities
to higher levels. With child obesity on the rise like never before, it is of utmost importance to teach our own children
about the benefits of a healthy body. This is the first generation where the parents will out life the children because
of poor health in children. French fries and catsup are the two most consumed foods by children. It is not the child's fault.
The responsibility falls on the parents educate themselves on how to give their own children proper nutrition and do it.